Chances are that if you are injured while using any type of product, you may have a “products liability” claim. A products liability case is a claim against the manufacturer of a product for negligence or breach of certain warranties that are made to the public. A defective product can be anything from your car’s seatbelt or car roof to defective furniture or gym equipment. Examples of products which may cause injury are:
- Automobiles (Defective seatbelts, roof structures, brakes, and breaks)
- Construction and Maintenance tools (Saws, lawnmowers, ladders, and power tools)
- Gym equipment
- PWC and boats
- Falling objects
- Furniture (Cribs, glass tables, chairs, and tables)
The lawyers at The Law Offices of Yuri Tsyganov, PL consult with the most reputable engineers who help us analyze the product and examine the product’s design, manufacture, and durability. We will look to see not only if the product was defective, but also whether it was negligently designed or manufactured. Companies often sacrifice safety to cut down on their costs. The attorneys at the Law Offices of Yuri Tsyganov, PL have experience in discovering the cost saving tactics and exposing them to juries in a court of law.
If you are injured by a product below are some things that could be important to your case:
- Seek immediate medical treatment
- Notify the owner of the product or the premises owner where you were injured
- If you own the product, preserve the product in the condition it was in when you were injured
- Take pictures of the defective product and your injuries
- Contact the attorneys at our office so that we can put the manufacturers of the product on notice not to destroy the product or consult with engineers to discuss the product’s safety
With defective products cases, it is sometimes important to preserve the product or if you do not own the product, contact our attorneys so that we can put the Defendant on notice of “spoliation.” If the court finds that the Defendants “spoliated” any evidence, there is a presumption that they did so in order to hide the evidence of their wrongdoing. If the product is destroyed or lost, the attorneys at our office will often purchase the same product and have it analyzed by a team of our experts and engineers.
The trial attorneys at The Law Offices of Yuri Tsyganov, PL have significant trial experience regarding injuries sustained from the use of products. Our number one goal is to protect your interests and get you compensated for your losses. Depending upon the facts of your case, we may be able to seek several forms of damages, including:
- Economic damages (Past and future medical bills, past and future lost wages, property damage)
- Punitive damages.
- Loss of earning capacity damages.
- Pain and suffering.
More often than not, your spouse also suffers with you, even though he or she was not involved in the accident. We may also be able to seek damages for your husband, wife, or survivors. A lot of times, proving these damages requires consulting with and hiring certain experts. We work with the best experts and have the resources and finances to back your case from start to finish. If you have been injured, contact The Law Offices of Yuri Tsyganov, PL to discuss your rights and interests. To learn more about defective products, please visit our blog or call for a free consultation today.