Dog Bite and Animal Attacks
If you have been injured, bit, or attacked by someone’s pet, the owners of that animal may be liable for your injuries. The most common pet attacks are dog bites. However, because Florida’s tropical environment attacks by exotic animals such as snakes, monkeys, and poisonous lizards are becoming more and more frequent.
If you have been attacked or bit by another’s dog, the owner of that dog is “strictly liable” for your injuries. An exception to this rules does exist. If you were on the pet owner’s property and they had a sign posted that specifically read “Bad Dog”, you may not be entitled to recovery for any of your injuries. A sign that reads “Beware of Dog.” will not free the dog owner of liability.
Below is a list of some things to do, if possible, after you are attacked by another’s pet:
- Take down as much information as you can regarding the location where you were attacked.
- Do not forget to collect information about the name and address of the pet owner
- Seek medical treatment and be honest with the doctors about how you feel and the symptoms that you may have
- Do not speak with anyone about the accident, except your doctors
- Call the Law Offices of Yuri Tsyganov, PL for a free consultation
The trial attorneys at The Law Offices of Yuri Tsyganov, PL have significant trial experience regarding injuries sustained from a pet attack. Our number one goal is to protect your interests and get you compensated for your losses. Depending upon the facts of your case, we may be able to seek several forms of damages, including:
- Economic damages (Past and future medical bills, past and future lost wages, property damage)
- Punitive damages.
- Loss of earning capacity damages.
- Pain and suffering.
More often than not, your spouse also suffers with you, even though he or she was not involved in the accident. We may also be able to seek damages for your husband, wife, or survivors. A lot of times, proving these damages requires consulting with and hiring certain experts. We work with the best experts and have the resources and finances to back your case from start to finish. If you have been injured, contact The Law Offices of Yuri Tsyganov, PL to discuss your rights and interests. To learn more about pet attacks, please visit our blog or call for a free consultation today.